Cyprus, the preferred EU’s Yacht registration Flag
Incorporation of a shipping company
Choosing to register your yacht under a company in your jurisdiction of choice is a lower risk option as a limited liability company is considered a separate legal entity, providing an extra layer of protection. We handle all paperwork and procedure and arrange for the incorporation of your company with a name of your choosing. The total of 100% of the shares of the Yacht should be owned by one or more corporations which have been established in the jurisdiction the Yacht will be registered in.
Ownership options under the Cyprus flag
A ship may only be registered in the Register of Cyprus Ships if:
1. More than fifty per cent (50%) of the shares of the ship are owned:
- by Cypriot citizens, or
- by citizens of other Member States (EU/EEA) who in the instance of not being permanent residents of the Republic of Cyprus will have appointed an authorised representative in the Republic of Cyprus, or
2. The total (100%) of the shares of the ship are owned by one or more corporations, which have been established and operate:
- in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Cyprus and have their registered office in the Republic, or
- in accordance with the laws of any other Member State (EU/EEA) and have their registered office, central administration or principal place of business within the European Economic Area and which will have either appointed an authorised representative in Cyprus or ensured that the management of the ship is entrusted in full to a Cypriot or a Community ship management company having its place of business in Cyprus, or
- outside Cyprus or outside any other Member State (EU/EEA) but controlled by Cypriot citizens or citizens of Member States and have either appointed an authorised representative in Cyprus or ensured that the management of the ship is entrusted in full to a Cypriot or a Community ship management company having its place of business in Cyprus.
Fiduciary Services Our Administration department provides services such as reviewing & execution of documents, alterations
Company Formation & Administration Cyprus is a favoured jurisdiction for many international companies and wealthy
Corporate & Commercial We handle all types of commercial transactions from company acquisitions, creation and