Extension of Annual levy for the year 2021
Annual Fee for the year 2021 is extended until 31 December 2021 without the imposition of the additional charges.
The above amendment shall be deemed to have entered into force on 30 June 2021.
All companies registered in the Republic of Cyprus must pay at the Registrar of Companies an annual levy of €350. For companies that fall within a group the total amount is capped at €20.000.
- The annual levy on companies dormant or not is payable as of the year of incorporation. Exempt are only companies under liquidation or winding up.
- Failure to pay the annual levy by 31st December 2021 shall have the following penalties:
– For a delay of up to 2 months – a 10% penalty;
– For a delay between 2 and 5 months – a 30% penalty.
- Non-payment of the levy shall be given notice of strike off by the Registrar of companies and in the event of non-compliance the registrar will proceed with deregistering the company.
- Reinstatement fees from its strike off has a penalty of €500 (in addition to the outstanding amount of the levy) is imposed and €750 where a company is re-instated after the two-year period.